Job type: Full Time
Sous Chef Job Purpose
Works alongside Head Chef, the Sous Chef will help to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. Provide excellent food quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
Sous Chef Job Duties
- Leads kitchen team in chef’s absence
- Ensures that the kitchen team maintain high food hygiene standards including allergen awareness
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen team members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records, ensures minimal waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure highest quality and restaurant standards
- Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, staffing levels and training opportunities
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Assists head chef with menu compilation and dish creation
- Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
Sous Chef Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Previous restaurant Experience, Strong Organizational Skills, Attention to Detail, Knowledge of current food safety regulations, Team leadership, Management, Positive attitude, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving Skills, Communication and deputising skills, and Customer-Service Skills.
City & Guilds 706/1 706/2 NVQ 1,2,3 – Food Hygiene Certification and Allergen Awareness
Candidates must fulfil the required criteria and qualifications in order to be considered for this opportunity.
Apply today by forwarding your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org